2

Mobile Traffic Radar Unit on Dubai City Road 1960s

 

A 1960s Mobile Traffic Radar Unit on duty on Dubai Road

The Dubai Police Force is the 15,000 strong police force for the city of Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.

The Dubai Police force was founded on June 1, 1956 in Naif (a locality in the Deira side of Dubai, with the first police station being known as ‘Naif Fort’ with only 29 members. The size of the force increased gradually, to 105 in 1960 and to 430 by 1967. In 1973, the force moved its headquarters to their current location of Al Towar, on Al Etihad Street in Dubai. At present, a further move is being planned to a newly constructed headquarters, again in Deira.

 

 

Leave a reply