Al Fahidi Fort and Dubai City in 1936
Al Fahidi Fort Dubai was built in several phases. The oldest tower was built around 1787 and believed to be the oldest building in Dubai that still exists today. The fort was used to guard the landward approaches to the town from the raids of neighboring tribes. It has also served, at various times throughout history as the ruler’s palace, a garrison, and a prison.
Al Fahidi Fort is square-shaped with towers occupying three of its corners. It was built of coral rock and mortar in several phases.
Now Al Fahidi Fort has been used for Dubai Museum. The museum was opened by the ruler of Dubai in 1971.
Location of Al Fahidi Fort Dubai: